Sunday 5 July 2015

BIRTHDAY SPA WEEKEND


As you can see I have recently revamped this blog to make it look more classy and sophisticated.  I also changed the name and I'm so happy with it.  
Recently I celebrated my 18th birthday with my friend at Sopwell House as a little treat to ourselves.  Upon arrival the large, white building looked so pretty amongst the bright pink flowers.  There was a bit of confusion with our booking initially but after that it was plain sailing and we had the most lovely time.  We had a package deal so included was dinner, a treatment, breakfast, lunch and accommodation which was convenient so we didn't have to worry about paying separately.     



Our room was upgraded which was a nice touch and so luxurious.  It also included two Clarins skincare sets which was unexpected.


We were also welcomed with water and a Happy Birthday message written in chocolate.  I really felt that the staff went above and beyond to make it the most enjoyable and lovely experience.



The view from our room was of the beautiful gardens and outdoor seating area in which a wedding was actually taking place the day before.





After the gorgeous facials we treated ourselves to cocktails in the cocktail lounge which was highly sophisticated and fancy.  I had an English Garden which is gin based with apple and lime twist.  It was so light and delicate and a perfect way to round off the evening.




 Breakfast and lunch were buffet style which we took great advantage of but dinner was properly served, sit down style.  I was a little bit obsessed with the mini chocolate mousses (pictured below) which were so creamy and delish.  All the food was very good quality and full of flavour.




This was such a lovely and relaxing break and it was so nice to get away for a couple of days and just have a bit of mindfulness.  I think it is so important to have times like this away to just gather your thoughts and be with friends.  I feel like the service at Sopwell House was really friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend it to anybody and I will definitely be visiting again.



For details on Sopwell house: www.sopwellhouse.co.uk

Thanks for reading!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment