Friday 22 July 2016

SUMMER READING


As I am finally done with exams I have more time to do some leisurely reading this summer and these are the books I recommend:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I bought this a while ago as it had a lot of hype surrounding it and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (also there was a deal on and I love a bargain).  I haven't even seen the film yet either because I want to read the book first to see how they compare.  It seems right up my street as I love a good mystery so I'm excited to start reading this.   

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - As the film of this has recently come out I obviously had to see it as it had an "About Time" and "The Notebook" vibe.  However, I was not impressed with the film because I felt like there was not much to the story and it wasn't as involved as the other films.  So I bought the book on a whim, hoping it would be better than the film, thinking it might have more to the story that they didn't include in the film.  However I am half way through and I feel it isn't any different but I will plough on. 

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle - Tolle is a spiritual teacher and offers an interesting insight into the spiritual world.  I do enjoy self-help books (not because I think I particularly need them or am going through a mid-life crisis - yet) because I like to have an understanding of alternative perspectives.  Books that make you think differently I find are incredibly insightful and this one is a good read.

Here We Lie by Sophie Mckenzie - I have been a fan of Mckenzie for as long as I can remember and absolutely love her writing style.  I have read many of her books but this is one I am yet to read.  Her books are so gripping my heart actually pounds when I read them, always leaving me in suspense.  100% worth a read.


What's on your reading list this summer? 

Isabelle x




No comments:

Post a Comment