Sunday 10 November 2013

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH



 I went to do work experience at The Daily Telegraph during half term to see what the working world is like and to get an idea of what the different areas are of a newspaper.  I was put to use in three sections: two days in TV, one in Commercial and two in Puzzles.  I have to say, it was very daunting at first going up the escalators through the marble walls to the clean, almost medical lobby.  I felt very grown up swanning into work with a coffee from the little bar at the front of the lobby.   
  When in the TV section, I had to research websites with video content that did not use Youtube.  Despite being a lot of work, I found it thoroughly enjoyable because I was also allowed to go into the editing room and the television studio where they were filming short clips.  It was all very exciting! 
  In Commercial, I had to research competitor newspapers and try to find what advertisers they were linked to and in Puzzles I was doing this thing called "Fact Checking" in which I had to look up all the crossword question answers to ensure that they were correct and I am happy to say that it got published!





Salted Caramel Cake - Peggy Porschen
 This was a beautiful and so yummy! As soon as I laid eyes on it I knew it was the one, with its cake, biscuit and brownie layers, cemented together with salted caramel icing.  Highly recommend for lovers of Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha/ Hot Chocolate or anyone with a sweet tooth because it is basically the cake version so I had to get it obviously!  



The Cappuccino was satisfactory, I did not dislike it, nor enjoy it, however it was slightly a let down compared to the array of beautiful cakes they had on display. 


The Overall design of the shop was cute and pretty - more for girly girls.  Now I would not class myself as one, necessarily, however I still thought it was a delightful boutique containing pretty decorations.
  


It was located in Belgravia, which is very "posh" and classy and made me feel rich and luxurious.  

Another day, I ventured to a little French place which I cannot remember the name of, however, it was pleasant enough.


Praline Swirl and Cappuccino 



Places Mentioned:

Read more from the Telegraph

Thanks for reading!
(All photos are mine and Copyright)

No comments:

Post a Comment